Top 5 Signs of Tire Wear | Harlingen, TX
Drivers in Harlingen, Texas, can count on Bert Ogden Toyota for all their tire maintenance needs. Stay on top of tire maintenance by watching for these five signs of tire wear. If you encounter any of these, schedule an appointment with our maintenance department, and we’ll be happy to assist!
1. Over- or underinflation: When your vehicle’s tires are overinflated, they wear unevenly — mostly on the center tread. When they are underinflated, the opposite happens, wearing out the outer tread. (Properly inflated tires are also safer and more efficient.) Regularly check tire pressure to help ensure proper tread wear.
2. Disproportional wear on the edge of the tire: If wheels are out of alignment, you could be unevenly wearing out your tread. That’s why it’s important to keep up with wheel alignments as needed.
3. Erratic tire wear: If your wheels are out of balance or your vehicle’s shock absorbers have seen better days, you might notice very unpredictable wear on the tires. We’ll need to diagnose the problem and fix it before too much damage is done.
4. Pulling to the side: If your vehicle is pulling to one side, you could have an underinflated tire or you may have a wheel alignment issue. Either way, it merits a repair.
5. Unusual vibration or thumping: This can indicate unbalanced tires, which ultimately can lead to a flat, as well as uneven tread wear.
For all your tire needs, contact the service department at Bert Ogden Toyota in Harlingen, Texas.